Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lazy Ass

That's been me. To be honest, I'm a little ashamed of myself. When I joined the shift I'm currently on, I got caught up in this culture of doing a couple hours of work, and then it's lay-about city. Seeing how much I'm getting done now, I can't believe that I let my integrity slip like that.

For those of us in the world of the employed, sloth is exactly that, and integrity issue. By not working my full eight hours, I was stealing from my employer. And you know what, next time I wanted something from them, I still would've been pissed if I didn't get it.

Proverbs 22:13 tells us, "The lazy man says, 'There is a lion outside! I shall be slain in the streets!'" (NKJV). That's what I did. I made excuses. My basic job was done, and I was going to school full time. I had a right to take it easy. And then I'd complain when my coworkers were slacking.

Of course, I feel better now that I've straightened up a bit. I'm giving what I'm worth, and I know the jobs of those around me will be easier because of what I do. It's a relief knowing that you don't have to worry about what others are thinking about you. Now if I can just apply that attitude toward blogging...

No comments: